Just had a brilliant meal of #shutupdumplings created by
@1lunghudson. Absolutely stunning!
The broth consisted of…
- 2 litres of hot water
- 2 stock cubes (1 veg, 1 chicken)
- a heaped table spoon of tumeric
- stick of lemon grass (this was frozen, so it was dealt a severe blow with a rolling pin to the white end)
- quarter of a cup of white vinegar (but lemon juice should have been used)
- 2 squirts of fish sauce
- 1 quarter of a cup of coconut nectar sugar
- and a big squeeze of reduced raspberry juice syru
- and that`s it!
Before you add the dumplings, bring to the boil…
- add a 650 gram pack of whatever dumplings you fancy (we had pork and veg).
- reboil and then move the dumplings around with a fish slice, to stop them sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Have a quick cuppa, while you think of which veg to add, (we used fresh beans from the garden, some frozen peas and small new potatoes (Desiree from a dude`s garden in Te Puke).
- Seriously simmer, until veg are cooked to your taste!
- Bon appetit!