Ohhh! So excited, as we have a lot of flowers and fruit on our passion fruit vine. Being in the southern hemisphere, it is our summer time and these fruit are worth their weight in gold.
Here is a recipe for those that have enough of the fruit to make into a pulp, to add to desserts of many kinds!
- Half a cup of sugar
- Pulp from 6-8 passionfruit
- 2 star of anise OR juice of a lemon
- Extract the fruit pulp from the passionfruit and add the sugar and star anise/lemon in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir gently until sugar has dissolved.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is thick and syrup-like.
- When cool, add to your dessert of choice….lovely with ice-cream, natural yoghurt, cheesecakes, cake icing. Yummmmmmmm!